We really need your support, so please join the Centre.
Individual membership costs either £15 or £20 depending upon your age.
Joining is easy, just complete the form by selecting the button below and submit it to us. You will receive confirmation and we will contact you to make payment. Your membership card will be waiting for you to collect. Other ways to join are shown below.
What do you get for your annual membership?
- Reduced cost of activities, functions & room hire
- Priority seven-day advance booking for activities and the snooker tables
- Use of the Dawson Bar (at reduced prices), snooker tables & fitness suite.
If your membership has lapsed, you can renew it via our online shop.
How to join
If you prefer to complete the Membership form manually, please call into the Centre. There four types of membership available shown below.
At the Centre your membership will be completed while you wait – you can pay by card. The Membership categories are:
|Family (2 adults & 2 students)||£60.00|
|Student (in full time education)||£15.00|
|Senior (over 65)||£15.00|
As a registered charity you can make the cost of your membership fee worth even more to us, without paying a penny extra.
If you pay UK tax, even if it’s just on your pension or a part-time job, we can claim back some of the tax you’ve already paid. This scheme is called Gift Aid.
If you wish to allow us to claim Gift Aid on your membership fee then please complete the Gift Aid Declaration Form, available from Reception.
How does it Work?
- For each £1 you give us, we can claim back an extra 25p in tax.
- It doesn’t cost you anything – all you have to do is fill in a short, simple form giving us permission to reclaim this tax.
Gift Aid Frequently Asked Questions
Do I qualify for Gift Aid?
You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5th April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that we will reclaim on your donation for that tax year.
How do I know if I pay income tax?
You pay tax if:
- Income tax is taken from your wages or salary before you receive your pay
- You pay tax after filling in a self-assessment form each year
- You have taxable savings e.g. in a Building Society or a pension plan
Have I paid capital gains tax?
You will have paid capital gains tax on the sale of property or shares, for example.
Do I pay tax on my pension?
You will receive a P60 each year, which will show any tax deductions from your pension.
What does the Gift Aid declaration commit me to?
Nothing, it simply ensures that we can claim an extra 25% back from the HM Revenue & Customs on any qualifying donations that you make.
How long does the declaration last for?
Indefinitely. If you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration or your tax status changes, please notify us.